Home / Bolivian Amazon 2013 134
Best Pictures from Feb. 2013
- Xylaria yellow asoma Choclatal S
Xylaria sp. with a rare yellow ascoma.
- Xylaria Chocolatal Cr S
A group of Xylaria - one sliced open - seen in El Chocolatal near Rurrenabaque
- Xylaria sp with conidiophore S
Xylaria sp with conidiophore S
- White-eyed Parakeet - Aratinga leucophthalma S
White-eyed Parakeet (Aratinga leucophthalma) sitting in tree.
- Wood ears & guide S
A nice crop of wood ears!
- Virgen de La Candelaria festival Coroico S-1794434772
Procession of the Virgen de La Candelaria festival
- View from Farallon Caquihuara Macaw Cliff S
View from Farallon Caquihuara on top of the Macaw Cliff, Madidi National park.
- Tremellodendron Lentaria Q S
Tremellodendron Lentaria Q S
- Tiwanaku gate S
A gate with a stelen at the famous Tiwanaku ruins, a pre-incan high culture based in the Lago Titica region
- tree canopy Senta verde S
tree canopy in Senta Verde Wildlife rescue Center in Coroico
- Stahelomyces cinctus Cr DW S
Staheliomyces cinctus - I finally found it myself. A stinkhorn endemic to the Amazon.
- Theobroma cacao tree chocolate w fruits S
Fruits of Theobroma cacao, the chocolate tree.
- Stahelomyces cinctus at night Ed S
Staheliomyces cinctus at night Ed S
- Spider weird net Masha Cr S
A huge tricky spider that fancies weird netting, but successfully attracts insects, since his web reflects UV.
- Smilacina Camino del Muerte 13 S
Smilacina-like plant seen along the Camino del Muerte
- Spectacled bear Tremarctos ornatus S
A Spectacled bear (Tremarctos ornatus) feeding on his favorite a fleshy Bromelia epiphyte. We saw him in Senta Verde Wildlife Rescue Center
- Rurrenabaque from the air S
Rurrenabaque from the air
- Sagarnaga Calle de La Paz S
Calle de Sagarnaga in La Paz, right next to the witches market.
- Puffball Eslabon S
Unknown puffball we found in Eslabon, Madidi
- Pyncoporus young S
Pyncoporus young S