1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30
- Breakfast at Wangdue Eco-Lodge. What a location!
- Stereopsis sp. growing under spruce in Bhutan.
- Eleagnus parvifolia known in Dzonkha as Bji berry. One of our favorites.
It is related to Russian olives, but has nothing to do with olives.
- Exidia sp. growing on rose
This fungus is sought after by Chinese buyers who pay hundreds of dollars for a pound of dried fungus.
- Dragon Gargoyle seen Kunzang Dra
- Podostroma solmsii sliced
- Austroboletus olivaceoglutinosus on Dochung La
- Microstoma flocosum
- A graceful Cystoderma sp. seen near Phajoding
- Calocera viscosa seen in Phajoding
- Lichenomphalina sp., fruiting bodies of a lichen!
- Satyrium nepalense orchid
- Asterophora lycoperdoides growing on a decaying Russula.
- Asterophora lycoperdoides - note how some of the turn brown. Spores are produced similar to a puffball.
- Laccaria amethystina - the purple deceiver, what a mushroom!
- Boletus reticuloceps seen in Phajoding.
- Suillus spraguei seen in Phajoding.
This "Painted bolete" (it used to be Suillus pictus) is widely eaten in Bhutan. Whole young caps a fried tubes down. We enjoyed it several times!
- Amanita rubrovolvata 3 DW Ms
- Cicada Thinyel Gang DW Ms
- Amanita hemibapha young ed Cr DW Ms